30-DAY RETURN POLICY
We want you to be satisfied with the products you purchase. If you are unsatisfied with your purchase for any reason, please let us know, and we will do our best to assist you.
We offer a simple return policy allowing you to return any qualifying new, unused, unassembled and resalable items in their original packaging within 30 days of delivery for a refund. The refund issued will be for the total amount of the order minus original outbound shipping and any return shipping costs incurred by Marx Fireplaces & Lighting, Inc.
- If the return request is due to a manufacturer defect or damage in transit, we will first attempt to work with the customer to repair the product; if the return request is due to a shipping error please contact us at 217.529.7687. If repair is not possible within reason, we will help replace the item. Items that arrive damaged will require images of the damage in order to get the items replaced.
- If the return will be shipped via freight service, we require a photo of the item on its pallet in order to have a proof of proper packaging. This step protects the customer in the event of damage caused during return shipping.
- When returning an item, be sure the product is clean, the packaging is sufficient to prevent damage and note the return authorization number on the outside of the package.
If you’d like to return your item(s), please feel free to use our simple Return Form at the bottom of this page to obtain your return authorization number and we will process your return quickly.
SPECIAL ORDER ITEMS
Items marked special order on their respective product pages are not eligible for return or refund.
To be eligible for a return, item(s) must be within 30 days of delivery in new, unused, unassembled and resalable condition in the original packaging.
- The cost of original outbound shipping will be deducted from the refund total.
- A return shipping label can be available upon request, but will be at the customer’s cost.
- For returns that require freight service, we can schedule a freight truck to pick up the returning item(s) but the customer will be responsible for the freight costs.
- Certain items are not eligible to be returned. This includes custom items and items built-to-order.
- A refund will be applied to the credit card, debit card or other form of payment used at the time of original transaction.
- Returns are usually processed within 5–7 business days, but processing time may be longer during seasons of high volume. The bank associated with the charge may also have additional processing time before issuing a credit.
Marx reserves the right to refuse a refund or apply a restocking fee if:
- The return is initiated for any other reason beyond damage, defect or error by Marx staff
- The item returned does not match the original item shipped.
- The returned item is missing parts or the original product’s packaging, either of which were not previously specified by the customer.
- The item was damaged during return shipment due to improper or insufficient packaging.
- The item being returned has been used or is no longer in new and resalable condition.
- The item is being returned after the 30-day return window
In many cases, an exchange may be made to ensure you get the exact item(s) you ordered. To make an exchange, contact us by phone or email and we will process an exchange for the correct item(s). You will have two options:
- The customer may purchase the new item(s) immediately in order to get them shipped out sooner; however, doing so will require a new payment before the item(s) ship. When we receive the return, the customer will be credited for the original item(s) per our criteria.
- The customer may elect to return the original item before we ship any new item(s). This will allow us to apply the credit to a new order. However, this option will result in a longer window to receive any new item(s) as Marx will not ship any new items before all costs are paid in full.
Any additional costs will need to be paid for at time of exchange. Return shipping will still be the customer’s responsibility, though if an exchange is completed, we will not charge for original outbound shipping.